The William Breman Jewish Home
The William Breman Jewish Home
is a five-star rated
, 96-bed Medicare and Medicaid certified facility specializing in long-term skilled nursing care, Alzheimer's/dementia care and short-term rehabilitative care. We have been providing skilled nursing care for over 60 years. As one of Atlanta’s leading senior residential care providers, the Home is committed to providing a warm, caring and homelike environment to enhance the quality of life of its residents.
We utilize our interdisciplinary Care Team
works closely with nurse practitioners and physicians to ensure the highest level of comprehensive care and personal attention to individual needs. Our Care Team includes:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Rehabilitation Therapists
- Social Workers
- Recreational Therapists
- Registered Dietitian
The Home has favorable staff to resident ratios that allows staff members to spend more meaningful time with each resident. Residents enjoy having the same nursing staff members caring for them on a daily basis during the week by The Home’s Monday through Friday staff and on weekends by nursing staff members who work only on weekends. Consistent dietary staff and housekeeping staff are assigned to each resident area.
Our Neighborhoods: A Culture Change Journey
The Home began its Culture Change journey in 1995 when the present skilled nursing home and rehabilitation center was designed. The Home has 4 floors, or Neighborhoods. Each neighborhood has 2 pods of 12 residents.
Consistent assignments of staff members from each department to each Neighborhood contribute to comfort and familiarity as well as to The Home’s low staff turnover rate. Staff members, residents and residents’ family members become extended family to others in the neighborhood.
Walking in the Neighborhoods is a rich experience. Residents, family members, staff members, volunteers and other visitors enjoy the “Portrait Project” that is permanently displayed in each resident dining room. Each resident living in the area around that dining room has his/her professional portrait and the results of questions from a personal interview displayed. The portrait and interview results are a tool for staff, volunteers, family members and visitors to use in order to learn about residents and help facilitate residents and staff members to have conversations with each other and help residents develop friendships within their neighborhood.
Features on each resident floor include:
- Small dining rooms where 12 residents enjoy meal times in an intimate setting and are encouraged to help themselves to take anything from the refrigerator or fresh fruit from the kitchen counter
- Living room where residents enjoy programming and a 60” flat screen television
- Garden room where residents enjoy the outdoors from indoors
- Floor-to-ceiling windows in each resident room that allows each resident to enjoy spectacular views
- Luxurious-spa bathing rooms
Recreation therapists provide a variety of engaging and social activities for our residents. Activities include outings, cocktail hour, musical entertainment, manicures, pet therapy, fitness programs, crafts, storytelling, photography, poetry writing, challah baking and cookie baking groups, intergenerational programs, discussion groups and social gatherings, which provide daily social, spiritual, creative and intellectual stimulation.
Special events such as monthly birthday parties, Senior Olympics, Sweetheart Ball, Senior Prom, High Teas, Shabbat family dinners, Chanukah family dinner, New Year’s brunch, Passover Seders and other holiday celebrations take place throughout the year. These events feature live entertainment and are enjoyed by all.
Click here to see our activities calendars by floor. 2nd Floor | 3rd Floor | 4th & 5th Floor
For residents with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia, we provide activities to help retain and enhance motor, cognitive, social skills and creativity such as:
- One-to-one social and sensory stimulation
- Participatory storytelling
- Artists for Alzheimer’s, a participatory activity that involves a variety of local artists with different skills and talents who come to the Home to teach, share and entertain residents with memory issues
- Small group programming featuring a rotating schedule of activities (bingo, balloon toss, arts and crafts, reading roundtable and sing-a-longs)
- Old movies, sing-a-longs and television shows are played continuously in the living room between scheduled activity programs
Ongoing dementia training is provided for our staff.
The Home also offers these amenities:
- Beautiful outdoor courtyard and gardens
- Lounges and family rooms
- Kosher meals
- Computer workstations
- Hair salon
- Gift shop
- Active volunteer program
- Private family dining room
Our experienced admissions staff welcomes the opportunity to assist you and your family regarding the admission process. We would be happy to arrange a tour of our facility or take a virtual tour.
Contact Us to Learn More
Visit Our Photo Gallery
|Shelly Eisenstadt, LCSW
Director of Human Services
||The William Breman Jewish Home
3150 Howell Mill Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
to Take a Tour by visiting our Photo Gallery.
View our Floor Plans